I can read your mind!
You love visual content!
According to statistics, we all do!
That’s why, in this article, I’ve put together 8 awesome infographics to review all powerful traffic strategies.
By the end of this article, you will learn lots of practical ways to INCREASE YOUR WEBSITE TRAFFIC.
First, let’s take a look at a survey by Hubspot to see what are the major traffic sources.
According to a traffic report of analyzing 15k websites by Hubspot, #1 website traffic source in most industries is organic traffic.
- Most industries are relying on organic and direct traffic as their number 1 traffic source
- Referral, paid, social, and email traffic are responsible for about 25% of traffic in most industries
- Direct traffic is the #1 traffic source of 50% of websites in e-commerce industry
Your Actionable Guide for Creating Viral Content
I know! Creating viral content is not the easiest part of your content marketing journey.
There are some proven ways that are guaranteed to increase your content’s viral potential.
Backlinko.com has created many viral articles and in this valuable infographic it will show you 21 ways to boost your article’s viral potential
- Use numbers and brackets in the title
- Use short and descriptive URLs
- Use colorful visuals, pro images, and infographics
- Use above the fold social media links
- Use short sentences and short paragraphs to make your articles more readable
- Be as practical as you can
- Get emotional
- Ask people to share your article and give them reasons to do that
- Publish long articles
All About Long Tail SEO
SEO is the #1 traffic source for most B2B and B2C industries.
It’s very competitive!
As you may already know, long tail SEO is one of the most powerful ways to get search engine traffics to your website.
HitTail.com has gathered the necessary information about the long tail myth in this infographic.
- Over 70% of search queries are for long tail terms
- Conversion rates for long term keywords are more than double in comparison with head keywords
- Click-through Rate increases as keywords become more specific
- Publish more high-quality content targeting long term keywords
- Aim for a diverse set of long term keywords
- Use your current ranking data to find new potential keywords
- Spread the word with the help of social media, press releases, and online communities
- Use tools like HitTail to find low competitive long tail keywords with high ranking potential for your website
How To Get Your Blog Post Shared Many Times
We all agree that social media is powerful and it’s a firm part of every content marketer’s plan!
In this infographic provided by RazorSocial we will take a look at different ways to optimize your post for social media, so they get shared more often.
- Include numbers and power keywords in the title
- Use social media icons in a user-friendly way to MAKE YOUR ARTICLE EASY TO SHARE
- Use twitter cards and open graph data to increase engagement
- Add Pinterest pin button to your images
- Take advantage of sharing tools like Buffer and Dlvr.it
- Share to your social media channels, email subscribers, and to communities like Scoop.it
- Monitor and analyze data
- Promote it again for maximizing the exposure
What You Need To Know About Online Advertising
Advertising has been always a solid way of getting targeted traffic to your website. If you know your numbers it can be pretty effective and if you don’t know your numbers it can help you find them faster.
You can use different models and different places to promote your online business.
YOU HAVE VARIOUS OPTIONS TO CHOOSE FROM!
In this infographic, BookMark.com has created a beginner’s guide to learn about different advertising options.
- Common terms
- PPC: In this advertising model you choose the maximum amount you are willing to pay for each click
- CPC: Cost of each click for advertiser in a PPC campaign
- CPA: Cost for each action ( The action is defined by advertiser: Sales, Opt-ins, etc. )
- CPM: The cost for displaying an ad 1000 times
- CTR: Rate of clicks over impressions
- Conversion rate: Rate of conversions over impressions
- Facebook ad pros
- Advanced targeting
- Retargeting options
- Cost efficient
- Ability to define custom audience
- Twitter ad pros
- Automatic targeting
- Users can retweet and engage with your ads
- Usually, you will pay less than your maximum bid
- Google AdWord pros
- Has the most reach
- Highly targeted
- Quality leads
- Real-time bidding pros
- More control over your ads
- More options to narrow your target
- More profitable for publishers
- Two reliable networks are OpenX and SiteScout
- Display advertising
- More interactive
- Higher CTR
- Personalised ads
- More conversion
- Targeting potential customers and people who are familiar with your brand
- Other ad networks
Your Google PPC Success guide
Google PPC is another huge source of traffic.
Considering the fact that advertising with google is not very cheap these days, it’s rewarding to know the basic rules of PPC advertising for maximizing your ROI.
In this perfect infographic, Visualistan.com has put together all the info you may need for running and optimizing your PPC campaign.
- PPC Tips:
- Always test different ads | A/B split testing
- Study and investigate your competitors
- Use long tail keywords to lower your PPC costs
- Use ad extensions to boost your CTR
- Know your analytics
- Inform your marketing strategy by identifying your key converting geographical locations
- Use all the data to find your key demographics
- Don’t confront your audience with massive lists, USE SIMPLE SHORT LIST
- Display ads tips
- Target mobile audience as well
- Adjust your bids for different devices according to their performance
- Use call to actions in your images | Somehow, make it clear that it’s CLICKABLE
- Use relevant graphic and test different images
- Landing page optimization tips
- Make sure that your landing page is responsive
- Optimize your website to load fast
- Increase users response by reducing number of required clicks
- Use clean and organized landing pages
- Encourage visitors to sign up for your news letter
- Behavioural targeting
- Optimise for human readability first and then consider search engines
- Benefit from RLSA for remarketing customers with different behaviour
- Calculate your customers lifetime value
- Schedule your ads and run them when your conversion is maximum
- Visualise the entire journey for visitors
- Be clear about your objectives
- Ad Link common sense
- Instead of being afraid of your failures, learn from them
- Have a long term plan
- Use relevant landing page to lower your PPC cost by minimizing bounce rate
- Make sure everything in your funnel is always in date
Ways to Promote Your Blog
No matter how great your content is, it won’t get viral unless you promote it well.
In most situations,
PROMOTION IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE CONTENT ITSELF.
CrazyEgg.com has put together promotional strategies in this handy infographic.
- Spend more time on promoting your content than on creating it
- Grow your email list and publish your new content to it
- Share your content on your social media channels multiple times
- Republish your content after a while
- Send an outreach email
- Mention influencers
- Leverage content communities and peer groups
- Make it easy to share
- Use paid ads to boost traffic
- Focus on traffic sources with the best results
27 Actionable Content Marketing Tips
In our last infographic provided by Digital Vidya, you can learn about 27 actionable tips that will help you take your content marketing to a whole new level.
- 70% of B2B marketers and 86% of B2C marketers use content marketing
- 54% of B2B marketers find it difficult to to produce engaging content
- 27 content marketing tips:
- Create a buyer persona before producing the content
- Produce a content that is more conversational
- Always focus on the audience
- Use short, sharp, simple, and optimized headlines
- Quote from influencers and link to them
- Leverage email in content marketing
You have lots of options to promote your content.
You might ask:
Which strategies should I stick to?
The answer is mind-blowing simple! The ones that you are having better results with.
You should know your audience and analyze their behavior. You should test different strategies and see what works best for you.
When you are testing, do it the right way!
Always, learn from people that are highly successful in a particular field before jumping into that field.
One last thing,
No matter what are your main traffic sources is, you should always keep in mind that YOU SHOULD ADD VALUE.
If you are using FaceBook to get traffic, share contents that your audience loves to share it with their followers.
If you are getting traffic from google, create or curate content that is practical and actually answers your visitors problem.
If you are advertising for your business, put the perfect product or solution in front of your visitors.
And the idea is the same for any other traffic source.
THINK ABOUT YOUR WEBSITE’S VISITORS FIRST AND DO YOUR BEST TO ADD VALUE.
Feel free to share your personal experience with us. Which traffic strategies has been working the best for you? Do you know other traffic sources that worth sharing with our audience?